Monday, September 25, 2017

Forgiveness

Forgiveness

Once, there was a time
I thought I would never heal.

Time marches on,
      life happens,
            hearts begin to mend.

My thoughts turn to you,
to happier times once shared.
I could not get you out of my mind.
You never left my heart.
     I gave in.
Forgiveness happened.

     We talked,
          we laughed,
               we healed,
                    we reconnected.
The love was still there,
we could no longer fight it.

Look at us now,
happy, whole and together.
It's amazing what happens when you forgive.
     Life moves forward,
          love blooms,
               clouds clear.
The storms may rage,
but you no longer weather them alone.

Standing on a hill looking down,
I can see clearly now
     YOU. . . my soulmate
     YOU. . . my love
     YOU. . . my forever

It's amazing what happens when you forgive

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that time was spent growing and changing. Forgiveness would not be as sweet if that step had been skipped.
    I wish love and happiness for you always.

    ReplyDelete

Any inappropriate messages or comments will be deleted.